- What is a social science?
- How is it different from a natural science?
- What methodology is used in natural science experiments?
- Is it the same for social sciences?
- What is a model?
- Does it matter that many of the models we use in economics do not correspond well to reality?
- What are the implications of the ceteris paribus assumption?
- What do we mean by rational behaviour?
- What is the difference between positive economics and normative economics?
- What is the difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics?
Walk and talk.... discuss the questions you are given.... then come back for debriefing and a worksheet to complete.
The following document is about the difference between positive and normative statements... read it and do the quick exercise at the end.