- Outline the meaning of the term market.
Firstly have a look through the following websites and then answer the questions which follow
- Commodities http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities
- Currencies http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies/americas_currencies.html
- Foreign exchange graphs http://www.xe.com/
- Futures http://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/
- Shares http://www.asx.com.au/
- Labour http://www.businessinsider.com/minimum-wage-around-the-world-2015-5
- Other http://www.ebay.com/ www.amazon.com
- What is being traded on the markets you are looking at?
- Who do you think the buyers and the sellers would be in each case?
- Why might they be buying and selling these items?
- Some of these markets are 'futures' markets - what do you think this means?
- What has happened to the price in some of the markets that you are looking at?
- Why do you think the price might have changed?
- How would you define market?
- List all the different types of market you can think of.