| || || |
- With reference to specific examples, explain how the following factors are barriers to development for economically less developed countries.
- Over-specialization on a narrow range of products
- Price volatility of primary products
- Inability to access international markets
- Long-term changes in the terms of trade (HL only)
- With reference to specific examples, evaluate each of the following as a means of achieving economic growth and economic development.
- Import substitution
- Export promotion
- Trade liberalization
- The role of the WTO
- Bilateral and regional preferential trade agreements
As you can see from the objectives above, this brings together a lot of the stuff we have already done on International Economics, with just a few new concepts. Click on this link for some very comprehensive information but also use Chapter 30 of the textbook to complete this document.