- Outline the role of the balance of payments.
- Distinguish between debit items and credit items in the balance of payments.
- Explain the four components of the current account, specifically the balance of trade in goods, the balance of trade in services, income and current transfers.
- Distinguish between a current account deficit and a current account surplus.
- Explain the two components of the capital account, specifically capital transfers and transaction in non-produced, non-financial assets.
- Explain the three main components of the financial account, specifically, direct investment, portfolio investment and reserve assets.
- Explain that the current account balance is equal to the sum of the capital account and financial account balances.
- Examine how the current account and the financial account are interdependent.
- Calculate elements of the balance of payments from a set of data (HL)
Check out this link to a Slideshare presentation.