- Evaluate the effectiveness of foreign aid in contributing to economic development.
- Compare and contrast the roles of aid and trade in economic development.
Watch this video - The Foreign Aid Paradox
... and also this one from the Gates Foundation...
An alternative perspective on foreign aid here.
NPR has a news broadcast here What happened to the aid meant to rebuild Haiti?
- Outline the arguments for and against aid, i.e. reasons for aid/concerns about aid
- Evaluate trade versus aid in terms of achieving growth and/or development (essay starters)...
- When considering the advantages and disadvantages of international trade to LDCs, it is important to look at the implications for both growth and development. In terms of achieving economic growth, trade is very important because . . . However, when considering economic development, there are different arguments . . .
- When considering the advantages and disadvantages of foreign aid, it is important to look at the implications for both growth and development. In terms of achieving economic growth, aid can be very important in filling several gaps such as . . . However, the implications in terms of development are . . .